Saturday, April 24, 2010

Earth Day plus 2

Today was my Earth Day!

The wife and I went out early to pick up some plants and more bags of various types of soil. We got some potting soil, some gardening soil, even a few bags of top soil. That last one especially gets to me. I never thought I'd see the day I'd be buying dirt. But, yet, I have bought a ton of it. Actually, between the two houses I've owned, I have bought several tons.

Still, it seems odd to me. I grew up with a yard that had plenty of good soil and the empty lot next door was on the edge of a swamp and had plenty of pear moss. My old man's garden grew like crazy!

Anyway, we got back to the house and I turned the soil in my garden. I mounted a couple of window boxes on the shed that went up last year. If your like me your asking yourself why the hell do you need window boxes on a shed. Well, the answer is called living together peacefully.

We got the boxes filled with the plants. I trimmed back a rose bush. I cleaned out an area where I want to transplant a peony. All in all, it was a damned nice day!

No comments: