Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Pause that Refreshes

I took a break from my new evening pastime of bicycling, today. I might have continued had the cool front made it to the Northshore already. As it didn't, I figured the leg muscles could use a little down time. So, I went to the Home to visit with Mom.

Mom is fitting in much better than a lot of us thought she would. Maybe something clicked and even she realized that she's probably a lot safer where she's at. Still it doesn't make it any easier to see where she is. Even a really nice nursing home is still a nursing home!

It was a good visit though. She has gotten chummy with a couple of other ladies and with my visits I've become friendly with them as well. The other ladies had their daughters visiting the same time I was there. So we all sit at a table and get to know each other and talk about what the little trio of Moms were up to during the day.

It's kind of weird in a way, but I think we feel almost like our folks must of felt when visiting us kids at our schools or something. When you think of it, our parents made some friends over the years based on us. Our friends parents became friends with our parents because of us. Wow, this is just a little too zen like for me.

Anyway, I think Mom liked the visit, too!

No comments: